autocad question

is it possible to translate Microsoft Excel data (e.g. I have 2 columns of data x & y) into Autocad graphical format? I have 400 points therefore I cannot input them one by one manually.

Reply to
hin

yes it is possible

go to your excel, copy the rows+columns then paste it in the autocad model space-floating, the cells will appear. i use autocad 2002, when i paste the cells, a window (OLE properties ) will open where you'll have the option of treating the pasted items as text, images etc...

you can do the same thing for pictures (jpg,bmp etc..)

OLE = object linking and embedding.

-- Hasta Luego

Irshaad (Faster than Bruce Lee)

remove the X to reply snipped-for-privacy@softhome.net

Reply to
Irshaad

I don't think it would be too difficult to build a .dxf file around your data. The .dxf is a text file and pretty easy to understand by inspecting a sample file. Since it's a public format, unlike .dwg, I'd expect the exact syntax is available. Try Autodesk or the OpenDwg Alliance.

Ned Simmons

Reply to
Ned Simmons