Find references in specific Folder (inclusive Subfolder)

Hello,

Does anyone have a utility that will scan a certain folder and all of its sub folders to find all references of a part or subassembly. In other words, say you have a project folder that contains all projects and you need to make changes to a part. This part however is used in Assemblies and Subassemblies throughout differend projects. I want to find a way to find all referenced parts, assemblies, subassemblies and drawings where this particular part (could also be a subassembly) is used in. SW explorer only provides the references one level down. That means if I have used the part in a subassembly wich in turn is used in another assembly, than SW explorer will not show this assembly as a referenced document. In order to find it you need to do a reference check for the Subassembly, which is cumbersome if you have many references.

Maybe somebody has a trick to do this

Thanks in advance

elmar

Reply to
elmar

elmar wrote: There is SWExplorer which comes bundled with SW.

There is also a bit of code in the API that will list external references for any part or assembly.

Reply to
kellnerp