Good tif export program?

I am frustrated trying to get quality tifs from solidworks. I'm looking for high quality for detailed pre-press. The tif export is only screen quality. Is it any better with programs such as PolyTrans / NuGraf, AutoVue, or SolidVue. What do you recommend? Help! I'm up against a deadline and can't get quality images to the layout and print production people. Thanks!

Reply to
DaveYah

Uzytkownik "DaveYah" napisal w wiadomosci news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com...

If you are looking for a raytracer (such as Photoworks, but better) try POV-Ray

export assembly to vrml, convert it with crossroads, apply materials manually, and then render. It is not so obvious to use, so it take time to familarise, but output is probably better than any commercial ray-trace system i have ever seen.

Reply to
Vigilante

you need to make a drawing with the views you need and then 'save as' tiff (change the options to suit the resolution you want-300 dpi should be enough)

Reply to
neil

I do this also when I am making manuals I normally use 600dpi just to be sure. You can adjust the output size for an even more 100mm seems to work I think that is default.

Corey Scheich

Reply to
Corey Scheich