Re: What ProEngineer for old Indigo R3000?

Dear Bjorn,

What version of IRIX are you running?

Regards,

Hi, > > As an enthusiast of old workstations and a user of ProE I wonder > what was the latest version of ProE that ran on a Indigo with a > MIPS R3000 cpu. I have searced archived PTC homepages for > information but not found anything below version 17. I think we > are talking about 13 or 14. > I'm also interested in aquiring this software. Maybe I can connect > it to the licenseserver at work and have a testrun :-) > I haven't asked PTC ... yet... > > /Bjorn > >
Reply to
Rod Giles

You're talking a *long* time ago. If I recall correctly the genealogy of the SGI platform type is

sgi_elf4 - 64-bit mips4 (ELF) sgi_mips4 - n32 mips4 (ELF) sgi_elf2 - o32 mips2 (ELF) sgi_r4k - o32 mips2 (COFF) sgi - o32 mips1 (COFF)

where

64-bit, n32, and o32 are the different ABIs (application binary interfaces) mips1, mips2, and mips4 are the different ISAs (instruction set architectures) ELF, COFF are the different file formats

The R3000 only supports the mips1 ISA so you'd want the original "sgi" platform type from probably nine years ago.

Joe

Reply to
Joseph Michaud

Dear Bjorn,

It looks like version 17 or maybe 18 was the last to be supported on IRIX

5.3.

Regards,

Rod Giles Elite Consulting Ltd. Pro/Mechanica User Group UK

Reply to
Rod Giles

Dear Rod,

Yes, but I think the cpu must be a R4x00 for these versions. On a R4x00 you can run ProE up to 2000i2 (IRIX6.5). If I remember correctly they officially stopped at

2000i for R4x00, but 2000i2 works.

Regards Bjorn

"Rod Giles" skrev i meddelandet news:3f034a29$0$11376$ snipped-for-privacy@news.dial.pipex.com...

Reply to