trace sketch disappears

Hi,

I have put some sketches in a part using the style feature, "trace sketch". When I assemble the part to an assembly, the style features become invisible. They are visible in the part and are visible in the assy if I activate tha part.

Any ideas what I need to do?

By the way, I found a config option, tracesketch, which I set to yes. It is supposed to make sketch features visible outside of a style feature. That didn't help.

Thanks,

Bill

Reply to
bill

Hi,

I have put some sketches in a part using the style feature, "trace sketch". When I assemble the part to an assembly, the style features become invisible. They are visible in the part and are visible in the assy if I activate tha part.

Any ideas what I need to do?

By the way, I found a config option, tracesketch, which I set to yes. It is supposed to make sketch features visible outside of a style feature. That didn't help.

Thanks,

Bill

The first thing I always look for when things disappear is layer settings that can blank anything from datum points and planes to surfaces (including style surfaces). If you solidified the style feature, even layers wouldn't blank them. But, surfaces are susceptible, including style surfaces. And the assembly layers can be set differently than the part layers. To hide things that are not hidden in the part or vice versa. Could be curves or surfaces that get hidden. But not solids.

David Janes

Reply to
David Janes

Hi,

I have put some sketches in a part using the style feature, "trace sketch". When I assemble the part to an assembly, the style features become invisible. They are visible in the part and are visible in the assy if I activate tha part.

Any ideas what I need to do?

By the way, I found a config option, tracesketch, which I set to yes. It is supposed to make sketch features visible outside of a style feature. That didn't help.

Thanks,

Bill

Oh, one more thing: set the configuration option, TRACESKETCH to Yes. It lets you see tracesketches outside of the style feature.

David Janes

Reply to
David Janes