Assembly sketch, lock to sketch not working

I made a layout sketch, converted the sketch links to an assembly. Lock to sketch mates are in the assy. tree. BUT when I change a link length in the sketch, it does not update the assy file, why not? What might I be doing wrong? Do I have something switched off?

Reply to
billyb

1) Where is your sketch located? I tried it first with a sketch in the assembly, which didn't seem to work, then put in an "empty" part with a sketch as suggested by bob zee in the previous thread, which worked alright. 2) Did you rebuild the model after you changed the dimension? Solidworks won't apply changes made in dimensions, etc., until you rebuild the model.

-Mark

Reply to
Mark

Dear Mark, Last week I was wrestling with the assembly sketch concept as shown above. I let it go for a few days and hit it today. Started fresh, converted parts of the sketch into blocks. When I edited the blocks the related detail parts changed. I got it!! I think I was trying to edit sketch in previous file and not in the assembly I was working in. That is as much as I can explain it. BUT THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP, MUCH APPRECIATED!

Reply to
billyb