How to open a Mosler safe with combination?

I purchased this Mosler safe. As you can see, it is open and empty, so there is no hanky panky going on:
http://igor.chudov.com/tmp/Mosler-Safe/
The combination, as written on the masking tape stuck on the safe, slightly modified to preserve all numbers order, is as follows:
R 63 L 47 3 turns R 25 2 turns L to 0
However, the safe would not open. I was once shown that the combo works, however, I cannot redo it. The safe is still open and I would like to figure it out.
If anyone can help me, it will be GREATLY appreciated!
Thanks, guys!
Ignoramus32441 wrote:

Where are you starting from? I think you may need to spin it L a couple turns to line all the disks up at the starting point before the first R 63.
Ignoramus32441 wrote:

Mosler usually has a set number of turns on the first number as well. Plus the directions shown look backwards.
Try Left 4 turns to 63, Right 3 turns to 47, Left 2 turns to 25 then right 1 turn to 0 continue turning to the right till the dial stops and you can open the safe.

Steve W, your instruction was 100% on target! The safe now opens!!! I will save the exact instructions for the future, I am VERY VERY HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11
Thanks!

I better write that down in case I am ever in Illinois. It might come in handy. LOL.

I'm in the Chicago 'burbs, I know some gypsies... <grin>

It would be especially handy if I provided actual numbers (see my first post).
On 1/20/2012 1:04 PM, Ignoramus32441 wrote:

Aye, but look at it this way.. We now have a head start on figuring out the real numbers now.
Tom

There is an automated CNC machinegun pointed right at the safe.,
http://fija.org /
"Ignoramus32441" <ignoramus32441@NOSPAM.32441.invalid> wrote in message
On Fri, 20 Jan 2012 12:21:10 -0600

Maybe you have seen it already...
There is an old Clint Eastwood movie from 1974 called "Thunderbolt and Lightfoot":
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0072288 /
They used a rather interesting way of opening/getting into the bank vault. Didn't have the action, special effects like nowadays, but I rather enjoyed it :)
--
Leon Fisk
Grand Rapids MI/Zone 5b

A movie classic IMO although I'm sure redneck america will object to Jeff Bridges' short lived appearance in tights.
--
fred
it's a ba-na-na . . . .

A movie classic IMO although I'm sure redneck america will object to Jeff Bridges' short lived appearance in tights.
--
fred
it's a ba-na-na . . . .
Ignoramus wrote:

BULLSHIT!!!
If there was, you would have had at least seven threads here asking what kind of gun: 1: How to mount it. 2: What gauge of wire to use. 3: Whether you should use a servo, solenoid or stepper motor. This would spawn multiple sub threads, as well. 4: What metal to make the mount with. 5: Where to get the cheapest bullets. 6: How to make it self destruct before the police arrive. 7: How to explain why someone broke into your building and shot themselves several hundred times, along with all the damage to the safe.

Very funny, good job.

As Richard Feynman showed, a 3-digit safe can be unlocked in minutes even if you don't know even one digit of the combination. 5-number combo safes take a little longer, he could usually get them open in an hour!
Jon
Ignoramus32441 wrote:

Who needs numbers? We'll just use your plasma cutter... :)
Ignoramus32441 wrote:

It isn't that hard to change those IF you needed to (I would since the original owner knows the current combination) You need the correct change key and the correct directions. Or just pay a smith to change it.
Steve W.

OK, how much would it cost? Very interesting.
Ignoramus32441 wrote:

Depends on the local market. Around here the usual charge runs about $75.00 If you have the key DIY isn't hard.
Diebold provides service for them.
--
Steve W.