Is there a way to show NPT threads with a cosmetic thread

Im trying to figure out the best way to display a 1-1/2" NPT thread on the end of a 1-1/2" Pipe. Is there a way to do this? I dont see that
option in Cosmetic Threads.
SW Monkey wrote:

In 2005 & 2006 when you add cosmetic threads to a tapered hole or tapered outside of a pipe, the cosmetic thread follows the angle of the taper.
-
This is true for 2004 also. However the number that you specify as the minor diameter is not actually the minor diameter. It is an offset of the taper surface. That is the way it is in SW2005 also.
On a similar note, there is a bug with cosmetic threads on tapered surfaces in SW2005. The problem is that you can not double click on the cosmetic thread feature in the feature manager and get the dimensions to show up in the graphics area. Therefore you can't select it to add it to an equation. You can't even manually type the dimension name into the equation, given that you were able to guess the correct dimension name (there is no way to get to the dimension properties to see). It's as if the dimension does not exist at all after you create the cosmetic thread.
The SORT-OF work around steps are: 1)delete existing cosmetic thread 2)remove angle from extrusion (or revolve feature) so it's a straight as opposed to tapered 3)re-create the cosmetic thread 4)create equation...it should take again "D2@Cosmetic Thread1 = blah blah blah 5)go back and re-taper the feature
This keeps the dimension that is now usable for equations and such. But the thread will not display properly now.
According to my VAR, this is supposed to be fixed in SP4.0.
--
Seth Renigar
Emerald Tool and Mold Inc.