Pro/Engineer Wildfire 2.0 and Acrobat 3D 7.0.8 Error

Hi all-
I am currently using the 30-day tryout version of Acrobat 3D together
with Pro/Engineer WF 2.0 M050. According to Adobe (quick search on
Google), this product is "unsupported" with Acrobat 3D. However, I
have read on some forums that people were successful in using
Pro/Engineer WF 2.0 with Acrobat 3D.
When I attempt to do a "screen capture" of a Pro/Engineer part, I get
an error (program crash) message titled "r3du3dExe". However, back on
the Acrobat 3D application, a new dialog appears, as it attempts to
import the 3D geometry (as if no error had occured). When, I accept
the settings in this dialog, a PDF appears with a thin plane without
the object that was attempted to be captured.
Did anybody run into this problem and find a fix for it? Any special
settings I need to apply to either Pro/E or Acrobat 3D to get this
working?
Thanks in advance.
-Adam Joseph Cook, Mechanical Engineer
Reply to
Adam Joseph Cook
My guess is Wildfire2 may be supported on a newer build that came out after Acrobat 3D. Adobe was giving away copies of Acrobat 3D at the user group meeting.
Reply to
Ben Loosli
What do you export to to get it to work with Acrobat 3D? Maybe VRML? STL? They seem like things Adobe might package (as they did PostScript) into a mass, consumer based product. It's got to be something like this as there is no Adobe3D export format for pro/e.
Reply to
David Janes
Hey guys,
I guess it doesn't matter anyways. If the 3D Capture thing doesn't work I can always do a File->Open... (file type *.prt, *.asm). I just thought that Capture 3D was the ONLY was to create a 3D PDF document. Thanks anyways.
-Adam Joseph Cook, Mechanical Engineer
Reply to
Adam Joseph Cook
You have to use a .u3d file to import into Acrobat 3D. In order to get that file you export(I believe) a iges out of Pro-E, then use a 3rd party program called Deep Exploration from Right Hemisphere to create the u3d file. You can get a 30 day free trial at Right Hemispheres web site. Its probably easier to use free E-drawings for Pro-e from Solidworks, unless it has to be a PDF. I'm shooting from memory on this one so no flames if I got it wrong.
Mike
Reply to
Michael Eckstein
Hey Mike,
I found out yesterday that Acrobat 3D has some native file translators built-in. I guess the 3D capture mode just doesn't work in Pro/Engineer. I probably need to upgrade my build though. Office politics....sigh.
Thanks.
-Adam Joseph Cook, Mechanical Engineer
Reply to
Adam Joseph Cook
Don't give up just yet - The 3D capture does work (very well, in fact) for Wildfire 2.0 & 3.0. I've seen that thin plane also. The key is to change your background to white (View > Display Setting > System Display). After that, try it again and it should work. I've found that it takes two tries to get it to work for some reason. Also try in Adobe Acrobat: Edit > Preferences > 3D > Preferred Renderer > Software if your still having problems.
Adam Joseph Cook wrote:
Hey G,
I tried both your suggestions regarding the background color and changing to the software as the perfered renderer, but it still is giving me and error when I hit the print screen key. It acts like it wants to work but still shows me that plane instead of the actual object.
Thanks.
-Adam Joseph Cook, Mechanical Engineer
Reply to
Adam Joseph Cook
Hi I exported the file in Inventor assembly (.iva) Rename the dataextension to (.iam) Read it whit Acrobat 3D, because Inventor is supported by 3D. It works fine.
ciao
Reply to
usolit

Site Timeline