recommended paging file size

Hi all,

Is there a recommended paging file size? I know the admin at my last job had a recommendation, I just don't remember what it was.

Right now I'm on a "business machine" with only 1GB RAM. My current paging file is set to 2046-4092.

Thanks

Mike

Reply to
Mike

Hey Mike,

I really didn't mess with my paging file size DIRECTLY. However, I did follow the guidelines on improving memory performance here

This article will apply to you (assuming you have Windows XP). Windows

2000 memory techniques are also available. I have been using these settings for about a year and half now with no problems and my Pro/Engineer runs very good. I have 2GB of RAM in my system.

Thanks.

-Adam Joseph Cook, Mechanical Engineer

Reply to
Adam Joseph Cook