Compact file size after deleting configurations

I have a part with many configurations. Now I have deleted quite a lot of those - but the file size has not changed.
There was a lot of features on these configurations, so I would expect the
file size to get smaller.
Is there a way to "compact" a cleaned up part?
Google > ecosqueeze

Usually "Save Assing" to a new filename or location reduces the file size a lot.
-h-
I've noticed this also, especially if you have previews of the configurations. Save As new name removes the previews.
Keith

Save as, with the same name, the simplest for one file.
Unfrag or ecosqueeze, as others said, for a bunch or a whole directory.

I was having the same problem, so i didi the "Save as" but it still didn't reduce the size by much. Some of my files have grone from 1meg to 50meg. Then i figured out that if i save as a different name then opend the part with the new name then saved that part back over the original part i was able to redu7ce the file size back to 1meg.

Damian, I had a very similar thing happen. I had a simple screw that had tons of configurations. After using a macro to flip through the configurations, I saved it and it was around 50-60MB.
If I opened an assembly that had that screw in it in this bloated state, it would take forever but would open just fine. I then did a "Save As" to get the file size down to a reasonable size. Now, when I open an assembly that has that screw in any configuration other than the "last saved", I always get the 'ol "Parts Have Changed. Do you Want To Rebuild Blahh...Blahh....Blahh". Since I am NOT going to leave any of my library parts in this ridicules bloated state, I always get this error on basically every assembly I have.
SW2003 did not give you this error in this situation. I reported this in the beginning of SW2004 but nothing has ever become of it. I wish SW would fix this sh_t.
--
Seth Renigar
Emerald Tool and Mold Inc.