Smaller file size with 2005

No question involved here. Just a comment.
Autodesk advertises reduced file size with the 2005 release. Today was the first time I really paid attention to same - and was really surprised. A
client requested a drawing file so I complied by e-mailing it to her in 2005 format. Shortly thereafter she requested the file in 2002 since she could not open the first. The second e-mail took much longer to go out so I decided to take a look at the file size. 2005 was 387 KB while the 2002 versopm was 2,261 KB, for the exact same drawing. That is a huge difference. No wonder 2005 is faster.
OK, my fingers can't spell. Version is not spelled "versopm".

2005
Faster to what? Faster to send the resultant file in an email? Yes. Smaller files transfer faster.

You continue to secure your position as the biggest smart ass on this n/g. Keep up the good work!

Your message makes me wonder how long you have been around computers. Two, three days maybe? I don't see where your recent discovery that smaller files transfer faster is of great importance. Most people have that figured out already. In any case, congratulations on your new discovery. I'm sure it makes you very proud.

says...

No, the yokes on you, since you seem to have missed his point entirely. Too occupied trying to vent your hostility.
Dennis

--
"Be suspicious of anybody who claims to know the truth."

Another clueless twit heard from. Crawl back under your rock.
A bit off-topic, but you're doing a lot of Autocad transfers over your network -- can be over the Internet WAN, etc. (if you have people working off-site for example, who need to access files on our servers), you may want to take a look at a system that optimizes your network bandwidth. See for example:
http://www.orbitaldata.com/solutions/collaborative-engineering.php
We got our network guys to put a couple of these boxes at our remote offices and they're great.
-Mark