File Size & Contours.... HELP!!

I need some assistance... I'm trying to email a rather large dwg to someone, and even though I've zipped it it's still too large.

Anyone have any suggestions as to what I can do???

TIA!!!

P.S. The drawing has contours, which explains the rather large size... and no, there's nothing I can do to simplify the drawing in order to reduce the file size

Reply to
lilmissgiggles

Send it my Layers and have them reconstitute it on the other end.

Reply to
RonB

the person on the receiving end isn't the most computer literate

Reply to
lilmissgiggles

You could get WinRar. It will allow you to create split compressed files of just about any size you want. You'd just need to make sure the person at the other end also has it.

Jeff

size... and

Reply to
Jeff Mishler

use Winzip to zip the file onto diskettes in the A: drive. As each diskette fills up(1.4 mega), winzip prompts you to remove it and insert a new diskette.Each diskette will contain one file--but each file name is identical. Then email each diskette as an attachment, each in a ITS OWN email message.Tell the recipient to download each file onto a diskette,( not the hard disk, because the identical filenames would overwrite the previous one).Then he can run Winzip to unzip the diskettes.

lilmissgiggles wrote:

Reply to
Barry Shev

Assuming you have purged the drawing of all redundancy, what size is the file?

Reply to
B. W. Salt.

You can split up files (and also reassemble) with a little freeware utility called HJ Split.

Reply to
Ron McNeil

Hmmmmmmm, I never thought of that one. Thanks!

Reply to
Brian Spillane

the person "at the other end" doesnt need "it"

winrar can create self-extracting files (the first file ends up being an exe)

"Jeff Mishler" wrote in news:4048c73b$0$96841 $ snipped-for-privacy@newscene.com:

Reply to
456

Divide the drawing into two ot three files break up more layers.

PS: escuse me, but my english is bad...

"lilmissgiggles" ha scritto nel messaggio news:VO22c.9231$ snipped-for-privacy@news20.bellglobal.com...

Reply to
Max

Make each individual layer into a separate Wblock with insertions at 0,0,0 Email each, zipped. Have the CADilliterate insert each one back into whichever one they choose, exploding each after insertion. Tell the CADilliterate to purge afterwards. Complain to colleagues over beer after work.

Reply to
Michael Bulatovich

Reply to
Amy&Scott