Help needed with Imported file

I have just downloaded a zipped solidworks file from 3-D content central. Upon opening the zip file, all of the part files are included along with the assembly file. The assembly file is the only file that will show on my screen, none of the part files. The only thing in the desine tree of the part files is the word "Imported" with an icon next to it. How do I get the part files to show in my graphics area. Please tell me the sequence that I must follow in order to make them show. And why is it set up the way that it is? Hajji

Reply to
hkumaraju

Let us know which file it is so we can check it out too. Just as an initial idea, have you looked to see if the assembly or models have any configurations that may display their part?

Matt Lorono

of

fcsuper

I'd bet that if you hit F on the keyboard in the part file, that would fix the whole thing.

This is what you get when you pay $12/hr for modeling work. And then we have to help them for free.

Daisy

Reply to
FlowerPot

It is the occ_chopper file in 3-D Content Central.

Reply to
G. De Angelis

Check to make sure that the imported model in the part file is not suppressed. The other thing is to check the Solid body folder at the top of the feature tree and make sure that the body is showing and not hidden.

Perhaps your version of Solidworks is older than what was used to create these parts and assembly. I believe the chopper was drawn up for Solidworks World 2006. If you request parts and assemblies for a prior version, perhaps a behind the scenes conversion has taken place for older Solidworks releases.

This is one reason I believe persons who upload parts should use the oldest release possible to create parts and assemblies.

Keith

Reply to
keith