Assembly Q

In an assembly, is it possible to swap out a part file w/ an assembly file containing the part? I have a sheetmetal item that needs hardware, but I need to show the h/w at the sheetmetal level only. Is it common practice to always create assembly files when working with sheetmetal items?

Reply to
CKERIDES

Check out either the Restructure functionality in Assembly mode, or Assembly-Advanced Utils-Merge functionality for merging the hardware item to the sheetmetal part. Then the part that is present in the assembly will appear as a sub-assembly since it will contain the main sheetmetal part and the hardware item that is merged to it.

Reply to
J. Perry