ProMECH Thermal HELP: Trans. prob. with Time Varying Film Coef. and Bulk Temp.

Hi,

Any one have experiences running a Transient problem, with Time Varying Film Coef. and Bulk Temp.? I got an out put from the CFD package from the customer, that basically listed Film Coefficient as a function of time, and the Bulk Temp as a function of time. This dada is just measured from a single node from the CFD solution, and I need to apply it to a surface in my model.

I heard this is not possible in ProE2001, but do-able in WildFire, but I am lost. I went into Convection Condition box, choose Spatial Variation as Uniform, and Temporal Variation as Time Dependent, and did the function as Table, but found only 2 columns of data I can entered in. One for Time, one for Film Coef. I assume.?

Do I need to go the (External Conv. Coef. & Bulk Temp).fnf file route?

How do I map my 3 columns of data(Time--Film Coef--Bulk Temp) in to a .fnf file?

How do I properly format this file manually? and maps it to every nodes properly? with AutoGEM? There seems to be a problem to review h and Tb if Mapping is off(SPR 1068318)

which made it hard to know if you did the right thing.

Reply to
Lawrence Liang