What is the Xchangeworks Utility?

Can someone here tell me what the Exchangeworks or Xchangeworks Utility is? It is an option that appears, upon installing Solidworks. The help file yields zero, surprisingly enough.

Thank you, G. De Angelis

Valhallagrafix LTD (401) 749-1209

G. De Angelis

"G. De Angelis" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@q3g2000prf.googlegroups.com:

Google yields this:

Dale Dunn

innews: snipped-for-privacy@q3g2000prf.googlegroups.com:

Thank you; when I received nothing from the help files, Google didn't even dawn on me. should have, though... G. De Angelis

Reply to
G. De Angelis

It wasn't the first thing to come to my mind either. I was writing a up a rambling reply about how it was used a a marketing tool against Autodesk and I suddenly remembered (or at least imagined) that it once had it's own web site. That was when I finally thought of using Google.

IIRC, Adesk was charging extra for STEP importers when this came out. So SW released Xchangeworks and killed that revenue stream for Adesk. I think it came with a free part modeling environment too. This was about the SW 99 or

2000 time frame.
Reply to
Dale Dunn