Nvidia GeForce

Anyone using the Nvidia GeForce video cards with Solidworks? Any comments welcome.

TIA,

Kevin Wisher

Reply to
Kevin Wisher

Kevin, I did run an Nvidia GeForce for awhile, and it seems to me, (the untrained eye), that I did see a slight improvement when I "upgraded" to the Nvidia Quadro series. I don't know that it was significant enough to justilfy the difference in price, but that is another issue. The only time that I can honestly say that I saw a noticeable difference in video quality was three years ago, two years before I even started fooling with Solidworks, when I upgraded from an ATI Radeon to an Elsa Gladiac, or Gloria, I don't remember which one it was. However, we are talking, over 128 MGB of memory difference, and maybe $475.00 of a price difference. Don't need to call Scotland Yard to figure that one out. At that time, I was involved only with Autocad, and there is absolutely no question, that the video quality had improved measureably.

Good luck, G. De Angelis Valhalla Grafix LTD

(401) 749-1209

G. De Angelis

I've got a GeForce 7800 on my home machine, considering it was under $80 I'm pleased and almost impressed with it. I haven't tried to open any

1000 part drawings yet, but for smaller stuff it is just about as good as my old FX1100 at work.

2¢ WC

Kev> Anyone using the Nvidia GeForce video cards with Solidworks? Any comments > welcome.

Reply to
wc

"Kevin Wisher" a écrit dans le message de news: VeKdneVET5un7rfbnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@insightbb.com...

We did use geforce cards, with quadro hack for 2-3 years in our group, with no noticeable pb. Now w've had FX1400 for over a year, and the difference is not so obvious.

Reply to
Jean Marc

So can you still use this Quadro hack on the current cards and where do I find this hack?

Reply to
Kevin Wisher

"Kevin Wisher" a écrit dans le message de news:

2oSdnYzkVqAUnqTbnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@insightbb.com...

Google "softquadro", you'll find everything you need.

HIH JM

Reply to
Jean Marc