external thread

interrnal thread i am doing using the hole wizardd. how can i make an external thread o?

Reply to
nir.karpik

Try Insert Annotation/Cosmetic Thread. Select the appropriate edge and type in the correct value for the minor diameter of the thread.

Right click Annotations in the feature tree and check Show Annotations to make it show.

Reply to
Bruce Bretschneider

If you require the quality of a modeled or cut thread, versus the cosmetic thread supplied by Solidworks, and need a video tutorial on the principle of cutting threads, get back to me and I will send you a link to my dump site and you can D/L it from there. It is 18.6 MGB in size and in the .avi format. Both audio and video.

Good luck, G. De Angelis

Valhallagrafix LTD (401) 749-1209

G. De Angelis