external thread

How can I make external thread visible by bolts.

I am just starting with SW.

Thanks in advance

AD

Reply to
Alain

How can I make external thread visible by bolts.

I am just starting with SW.

Thanks in advance

AD

Reply to
Alain

There are several ways to make external threads visible.

1) model a helical sweep (not a great idea unless you need it for some reason)

2) revolve a zigzag pattern

3) use a cosmetic thread on the outside of the cylinder. select a circular edge and go to Insert>Annotations>Cosmetic Thread. If that doesn't show kind of a shaded fringe pattern that sort of looks like threads, right click on the Annotations folder near the top of the tree, select Details, and turn on Shaded Cosmetic Threads.
Reply to
mjlombard

A note on helical threads -- I HIGHLY recommend you sweep only one pitch or one half pitch and pattern it. Not only will it rebuild faster, but there are problems if you make a sharp thread that intersects itself in the profile (sweeps around and the lower point of the triangular cut now touches the top point).

Reply to
deimos

Yeah it's real processor intensive so I would not recommend doings this to simple nuts and bolts, especially in an assembly. But if you must check your mail. I didn't write this. One of this ng's main benefactors wrote it.

Mike

Reply to
grphxman1