SW thinks file is opened in another assembly - but its not

Hello,

After rebooting a machinie due to a crash to desktop when I now open the top end assembly I get a warning from SW that tells me several assembly files are currently opened by another application.

  1. I only have SW opened.
  2. I only have the top end assembly open - no subs.
  3. I've tried deleting all the temp files which SW generates when opening a file.

Any suggestions on how to fix SW so that I don't keep getting these errors? Suspect several files weren't deleted properly due to crash.

How does SW know what is opened and what isn't.

Confused.

Len

Reply to
lmar

snipped-for-privacy@edatasolutions.ca wrote in news:1b88d431-5001-4b13-8196-e4307dcb8291 @27g2000hsf.googlegroups.com:

Len,

You can trouble shoot this a little more. Here's a couple of ideas:

  1. check the task manager processes before you start SWX to see if SWX or a licence is already running.

  1. I found a nice free tool that shows file shares and locks and allows you to kill them - might come in handy. Get it here:

  1. Set lightweight to resolved from the top assy item QTRL+Q and save might fix

  1. Do a Save As and copy all references to a "dummy" directory. Does the problem still occur with the copy? If so, tinker with this copy so as not to affect the original (eg. methodically delete subs to find the offending file, etc). If not, you can redo the save as procedure (from the original) on sub assys to narrow your search for the offending file (s).

  2. Did all the files make it over to the dummy dir from 4 above?

  1. As far as I know, SWX creates a ~$ file to indicate in-use. You've probably already searched for these and deleted them.

Hope these help

rod

Reply to
Rod Morningwood

Rod,

Thanks for the detailed suggestions. Will try them later today when I get back from my meetings.

Cheers,

Len

Reply to
lmar