ACAD file format

I have a drawing emailed to me that has the email text somehow concatenated to the start of the drawing file. I can see where the text is
and remove it, but I cannot see where the start of the actual drawing file is.
Anyone know what I should look for in the code that indicates the start of the file?
TIA.
The first few characters of an AutoCAD file are generally AC1014 AC1015 AC1016 or AC1018 depending on the version with which it was created. ___

Thanks for that, Paul. I'll look for those in the code.
(Paul Turvill) wrote:

Good luck. If you're fortunate, you may be able to recover the .dwg file. But it wouldn't surprise me greatly if other corruption crept into the file as a result of the concatenation and whatever other processes that email went through. It may be safer to just request another copy from the source. ___

(Paul Turvill) wrote:

Already done - but replacement not yet received. It's a company known for tardy response times! (8-((
<Later>
Had a look at the file and found AC1015. Deleted everything before that and then discovered it was produced in an incompatible version.
Used Convert to convert it to R14 and there it was. I guess it was drawn in R2000.
Thanks for your help.
Brian.
AC 1015 *is* A2k, or R15. Remember how they started avoiding odd numbered releases?

snipped-for-privacy@dont.try (Michael Bulatovich) wrote:

That confirms it...
...and it contains exploded and disassociated dimensions! Means that I can't stretch things without redimensioning. Pain.
Why? Are they making StarTrek films? <g>
DJE

for
Ya lost me....

that
drawn
Many Trekkies (or is it "Trekkers" these days?) feel that the Trek films followed a similar odd/even quality cycle. ___

FWIW, Corel Draw is the same, but inverted... odds-good, evens-baaaad.
LLAP (Live long and prosper)
--

MichaelB
www.michaelbulatovich.com