CAD Training

I work on models for rapid-prototyping and small injection-molded plastic parts.

I've been limping-along with TurboCAD for Windows ($80) and it has satisfied some of my needs for a few prototypes and a project.

Now, I need to purchase a real program but I also need to be productive almost immediately.

I am learning SWX and IV8 through serendipity right now, but some kind of formal training or reading will be faster and better, IMHO.

What program(s) and training course(s) can people suggest?

Thanks.

******************** Michael Fisher ********************
Reply to
Mike Fisher

You can go the cheap route, and go to a Junior College and take a semester class on it.

Or the $$ route, and go to the VAR you bought SW from, but the class is only

4 full days.

Where are you located?

Reply to
Todd

Mike, if you take the class with a VAR section 1 is 4 days and then work with the program and then take take section 2 which is 3 days like 2 or 3 months later.

Reply to
Arthur

Hire yourself a "personal trainer"--it won't cost anymore than taking classes thru your VAR, and you'll get more out of it

Reply to
Michael

Your best bet is to go to training by an experienced VAR trainer. I have trained users for 3 years and have done around 900 people days. You could also hire a trainer as a consultant to go over just the specific issues you need help or a custom class for your type of parts. I taught myself SolidWorks after using ProE for 7 years and it wasn't until I started teaching that I found the trick and tips of a good trainer are invaluable to your quick start.

It is well worth the money spent compared to fumbling through the many tools and menus.

Reply to
Daniel B. Nordeen