A drawing with a table that has dimensions linked to the part/assembly?

Hello

I am looking at creating a general table in a drawing that have cells that are dynamically linked to the dimensions within a part or assembly. In thsi case a I creating a "nozzle table" that has bore size, height and orientation of the nozzles on an assembly of a tank.

To make things easier, I have made all the dimesnions of interest exist within a single sketch within an assembly.

I thought I had done something like this before but I'm kind of stuck.

Any clues?

Cheers

Bullman

Reply to
Bullman

Bullman,

I don't know about text in tables, but you can embed (if that's the term) dimensions into normal notes in a drawing, just by clicking on the dimension whilst editing the note.

I've always wished this functionality were available when editing dimensions, so that a hole diameter could be set to say "5 holes dia 8", where the "5" is the dimension of the hole feature pattern count.

John H

Reply to
John H

Thanks John H

Not exactly what I am after but useful nonetheless.

Still trying to get a definitive answer on this one.

Reply to
Bullman