Multi-extrude in one part

Hello,

Does anybody know a simple way to create an extrusion on multiple lines in Pro/E inside the same part?

I'm working on a steel construction of a total building. I have the lines that represent the hart of the steel beams.

A single extrusion works fine on one line only, but the as soon as the extrusion are intersecting, Pro/E refuses to create the geometry.

Creating all different parts is no solution, because I have over 250 elements.

Can anyone think of a solution?

Thanks for responses, Pim Marsman.

Reply to
Pim

: "Pim" wrote : Hello, : : Does anybody know a simple way to create an extrusion on multiple lines : in Pro/E inside the same part? : : I'm working on a steel construction of a total building. I have the : lines that represent the hart of the steel beams. : : A single extrusion works fine on one line only, but the as soon as the : extrusion are intersecting, Pro/E refuses to create the geometry. : Trying to do this with thin protrusions or surfaces bomb with error messages, like multiple loops must all be closed. Doesn't look like either of these will work as I thought they might. Don't see why you wouldn't be able to create an i-beam with either thin protrusion or surface technique.

: Creating all different parts is no solution, because I have over 250 : elements. : If they are all similarly shaped in cross section, couldn't you create a family of parts, embodied in a table of variable parameters (like length, width, height)? This should be an assembly, not a sketched feature. Even if it worked, it just bogs sketcher to a standstill. It's not AutoCAD, just sketching draft geometry. It's built on a variable solver which is calculating dimensions and contraints from each piece of geometry to the existing geometry. That alone is a big job. Complex sketches easily overwhelm sketcher, even if they don't completely fail.

David Janes

Reply to
David Janes