cross part dimensions?

Hi,

I was wondering if there is a way to link dimensions from different parts with each other. I have a couple of diameters in different parts which have to match. I'm working with SW 2006.

Best regards,

Geoff

Reply to
Geoff

Hi Geoff

Sounds like you are new to SWx. I'm assuming these parts would assemble in real life? Try putting the parts in an assembly. Then decide which part is the 'parent' and which is the 'child'. Edit the child within the assembly, and use an in-context relationship to define the diameter. You should be able to select the dia. of the parent and use an "equal to" relationship in the sketch of the child. Try going through the tutorials and help files, this will make it easier to understand.

Hope this helps.

Dom.

Reply to
Dom