API: listbox/selectionbox with checkbox in propertypage

Hello Is there a way to create a listbox (or selectionbox) with checkboxes near each item in a propertypage created in a macro? For example, look at the split feature where you can cut a part into several bodies and keep each one of them as a separate file. It uses something like a DBgrid with checkboxes. This is sufficient for my needs.

Thx, Gil.

Reply to
Dan

you can add any activeX control in a PMP with PropertyManagerPage2::AddControl(id,swControlType_ActiveX...) then PropertyManagerPageActiveX::SetClass ... In my experience, handling PMPs with ActiveX controls requires a lot of tedious work... good luck!

Reply to
Philippe Guglielmetti
  1. create a listbox
  2. change the listbox property "multiselect" to "1-fmmultiselectmulti"
  3. add on frm load "ListBox1.ListStyle = fmListStyleOption"

note if multiselect is not changed then the liststyle will be an option button insted of a checkbox.

Reply to
Sean Phillips

Sean, Thanks, but I suspect that your answer refers to a VBA-style form with a "regular" listbox control. I asked about a listbox in SW propertypage (PropertyManagerPageListbox) or selectionbox (PropertyManagerPageSelectionbox). I think this control is much more limited.

Dan.

Reply to
Dan

PropertyManagerPage2::AddControl

Input: (short) ControlType Type of control as defined in swPropertyManagerPageControlType_e ControlType = swControlType_ActiveX

insert a vb selection box as an activeX control.

Reply to
Sean Phillips

Thx, What happens when the macro with such line (addcontrol) is used in a computer that does not have a VB installation? Can I simply copy the activeX file to that pc? Will it work? Do I need to run a registration procedure?

Dan.

Reply to
Dan

if you have microsoft office installed. then you have a working copy of microsoft visual basic for Applications. this is a choped up version of visual basic 6.0. the whole microsoft sweet can be modified and manipulated from this program.

in solidworks if you click tools\macro\new then this will open up visual basic for applications.

Reply to
Sean Phillips

What you're probably after is a tree view, and possibly a sub-classed treeview. It allows indentations, like windows explorer, probably some checkboxes, etc. And if you subclass it, you can add extra interfaces (like list boxes, text boxes, file dialogs, you name it, on any node).

I have just finished doing similar, using a 'cloned' Featuremanager type interface, except instead of giving the user access to sketch/extrude/mate type features in the assembly, giving higher-level 'component' features, that drive VB code to update all relevant components and mates.

Yes, as an interface, you could say it is a tight squeeze: but maybe thats a GOOD thing. I just ported it over from a previous form-based interface, which grew too large allowing access to all the features: you couldnt see the darn assembly underneath.

Yes, tried porting the single-form into a tabbed form; but with real-time error-checking, I was unable to show the user the 2 (or more) conflicting values if the values resided on 2 (or more) tabs.

With the tree view, I just save which areas of the tree are expanded (you listening, Solidworks ?), scrunch everything up but the conflicting dimensions, and show just those areas expanded. After the user makes his corrections, I return the user back to the original tree view state.

Not to mention that the user is already familiar with the featuremanager-type interface....

Reply to
rocheey