No "Use default template" checkbox

Some time after installing WF2, I lost the use of default templates for solids, sheetmetal, etc. The "Use default template" check box on the New file dialogue was greyed out and I got kicked to the page showing the templates list and requiring you to pick one. It was nice, in a way, because it showed the parameters in the file and let you fill them out right there... if you like doing it that way.

I just figured out what was causing this unwanted behavior. Seems PTC introduced a new option called force_new_file_options_dialog which, when set to yes, 'forces' you into the templates selection list. Set it to no and the checkbox comes back. You know, I learned a long time ago that you really have to read those release notes and 'What's New...' documents. Guess I must have missed this one.

Reply to
David Janes