SolidWorks API - MakeStyledCurves2 (2023 Update)

SolidWorks API - MakeStyledCurves2

This is the API command to fit a spline, but it doesn't seem to work in the API. Every time I try, it just returns false and doesn't work. It was also recorded in the macro when I used the fit spline command, with the exact same input parameters.

Does anyone know why it would work in the GUI (fit spline) but not in the API? Is it just me or is this a solidworks thing?

Reply to
liam_cascade

You may simply need to be in a sketch, either 2D or 3D, to use this function.. (i.e. between two swmodel.SketchManager.Insert3DSketch(true) calls). I've got this working but am having issue getting it to make non-closed curves. The option exists in the interactive tool, but there's no documentation for it in the API...I'm guessing it may be the mode setting, but nothing on which value to use. p.s. I realize this is a 15 year old reply, so hopefully it helps someone out there.

Reply to
Nickelaus