Solidworks API programmed in Progress

Hi !!

My name is Christian. I am trying to program the SWX-API in Progress. But it is very sad doing this alone. So is there anyone outside trying the same ?

pleace contact me.

greetings from Austria

Christian Leblhuber

Reply to
Christian Leblhuber

Hi I'm trying me too to program with the sw API but I can't understand qhat you're trying to do. Could you explain me more? Thanks, Beppe.

"Christian Leblhuber" ha scritto nel messaggio news:cuobup$8o6$ snipped-for-privacy@paperboy.Austria.EU.net...

Reply to
Beppe

Is Progress a Programming Interface akin to Visual Studio. I am confused also?

Corey

messaggio

Reply to
CS

Gr=FCss Gott, Christian,

Es ist schwer, die SW API allein zu lernen, nicht! (That's about as far as my German goes this early in the morning).

I program SW API in VB6. I couldn't get anywhere at first, because it was too difficult to follow the code of recorded macros. I fond the best place to start was to put away SW for a couple weeks and just learn VB6 and VBA (VBA is the macro language, VB6 is almost identical). Once I gained an understanding of VB6 and object-oriented programming, learning API came much easier.

There is a SW API website auf Deutsch at . Not much in the way of tutorials, but Stefan had always been good about answering my questions in the past when I emailed him.

Regards, Roland Schwarz

Reply to
That70sTick

Hi folks,

Progress is a database server with IDE. It is relativly simple to learn. but i have problems accessing the notifications from SWX. Sending commands is no problem.

thanx

christian

Reply to
Christian Leblhuber

I do a bit of programming with the SolidWorks API in C++, and I also do a bit in Progress running on linux, which means I've never used a COM object in Progress, but from my first look, it seems that you need to call the ENABLE-EVENTS method on your com object.

Look in the "Progress External Program Interfaces" documentation chapters 7-9. 7 is general COM object stuff, 8 talks about registering for events, and 9 is for controls, but it has a little section about COM to Progress type mappings. The enable-events method is described on page 8-10. All my chapter and page numbers here are for Progress

9.1D, so yours may be a little different.

I only have the client networking Progress license on Windows, so I can't really test anything out.

J> Hi folks,

Reply to
janderson

Hi,

I have tried this with SWX and the example in PDSN for excel. Excel works but SWX doesn't. Seems i have an error or there is an incompatibility between Progress and SWX. Even the Progress support is not able to help me. They say "we have no solidworks to test with". I know Progress and SWX is a very unusual combination. But in the meantime i have found bitwright solidevents. I hope i can get contact to them. (not so easy)

thanx

chris

schrieb im Newsbeitrag news: snipped-for-privacy@l41g2000cwc.googlegroups.com...

Reply to