SW 2005 API Crash problem

Hi there,

I have created a simple VBA macro and Delphi API program that batch saves a number of Sldprt files (from a chosen directory) to eDrawings (to a chosen directory).

I am having crash/hang problems - I was wondering if anyone else has any problems using the SW API to batch process a large number of files? The crashes are not consistent with time or number of parts -so I am thinking it could be a memory issue.

Even just a simple 'open part' and 'close part' for a large number or parts (say 600) does not work.

I have tried the Macro on many different PC's - does anyone have a macro that does a batch operation that works? so I can test.

Thank you Emma Curtis

Reply to
R&E

Most certainly a memory issue. SW doesn't always release memory well, actually almost never. If you are doing a batch process that requires SW to process each file you will need to close SW periodically and re-open it. Some would say after every part. I think I would set up a counter and shut it down after 10 or so parts, unless you work with Large Assemblies then you should probably shut down SW after each part. Even the conversioin tools that SW themselves supply closes down SW after every part.

Corey

Reply to
CS

What's the point of solidworks task scheduler then? Can this close and open solidworks between each conversion?

Just an observation, no criticism intended :-)

Reply to
pete

I have actually not had too much trouble with memory leaks, although I typically use VB and VB.NET. The two batch programs have never had any trouble. One of them typically runs for eight hours at a clip. Make sure you give your variables and objects as local a scope as possible. That way, you can release the resources easily.

Evan

Reply to
Evan T. Basalik