API VBA: Calling on SW from Excel

Is it possible to call solidworks from excel. I just want to batch print but the thing is the lists I get may either be in solidworks or autocad. Printing the AutoCad ones works just fine but I have been having trouble attaching to SW.

Corey Scheich

Reply to
Corey Scheich

Yes it can. I use it for custom properties.

Therfor I use this in excell to connect to solidworks

' Connect to solidworks and active model Set swApp = CreateObject("SldWorks.Application") swApp.Visible = True swApp.UserControl = True

Johnny

Reply to
Johnny Geling

Also make sure your macro references the SolidWorks type library: sldworks.tlb I don't think you need to set usercontrol to true unless you are creating an interactive type of program.

--Brenda

Reply to
Brenda D. Bosley

Thanks, I finally got a chance to try it and Now it works. I appreciate it.

Corey

Reply to
Corey Scheich