FEMAP API Get Property From Library

Hi
I am writing a program in VBA (excel) to control FEMAP to create
geometry, mesh the geometry and run a simple analysis of said
structure. I have saved a property in the FEMAP properties library
and need to call this into the model, however I always get an error
telling me the property does not exist. The code I am using is given
below followed by some of my thoughts on the problem, if anyone knows
what I've missed out, or another way to solve this problem that would
be fantastic.
Dim pr As Object
Set pr = femap.feprop()
pr.Type = 5 'The property is a Beam, this line specifies the
property type
pr.getlibrary (3) 'The property is the 4th in the list, ID's start
at 0
pr.Put (pr.NextEmptyID)
The problem relates to specifying the property type. In order to
retrive an object from the library the correct property type must be
selected, this is what I am trying to do with pr.type = 5, but this
doesn't seem to be enough, is there activate the property type?
The code works fine if I have previously gone into FEMAP and manually
selected the Beam property type.
I sense this isn't the clearest writen problem so if people need more
information, please just demand it, any help would be appreciated,
this is driving me nuts!
PS. I am not using the FEMAP API directly as the raw data for the
model is in the form of an Excel Spreadsheet (incase anyone was
wondering)
Reply to
RobynC_UK

Site Timeline