Set offset: possible?

Hi, first experience with SW, and I have a question. Excuse me if it happens I use uncorrect terms, but I try to translate them from italian.

SITUATION I have a sketch on a plane (say a simple square, centered on the origin). The sketch is used to extrude for a certain thickness "Th", and with a certain offset "Off" from the plane.

QUESTION How can I make reference to "Off" in an equation?

PROBLEM What I usually do is: I introduce a quota, select it, click on the sigma symbol, add a new equation, and the quota selected appears in the equation as, for example: "D2@Sketch1" But the quota introduced for the offset is not a real quota, it's only an annotation (it's greyed out), so I cannot set its value to change the properties of the solid.

Do I maybe make an error somewhere or is it a limit of the program?

Ciao, and thanks for any help, Leodp

Reply to
leodp

Interesting - I didn't realize that the feature offset dim would not be exposed.

Anyway, the best that I can see is to offset a plane by that amount, use that as your sketch plane, and then use that offset dim in your equation as it is exposed.

Oh, by the way, your English is superb! If your native language is Italian, where did you learn your English?

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

Thanks, It should work.

In Germany ;-)

Ciao, Leo

Reply to
leodp

SPR 215635 For Extrude > From > Offset option, show a dimension in the screen to reflect the offset value in the dialog.

Guess someone else asked the same question some time ago.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

Dear Leo,

As Tiffany has suggested you can make a plane offset a any distance and make your sketch on that plane and extrude it with any thickness. Then link boththe dimensions with the equations. I have uploaded a part with simple example. Hope this works for you.

The file download link

Regards

Deepak

Reply to