Link to extrusion, from, offset distance

When creating an extrusion using an offset in the "from" box, is there any way to get access to the offset distance dimension outside of the feature property? I want to create an equation to the offset distance.

Seth

Reply to
Seth Renigar

Forgot to mention, still using SW2007....

Reply to
Seth Renigar

Seth Renigar wrote in news:f9eae12c-06a1-449f-acbe- snipped-for-privacy@p69g2000hsa.googlegroups.com:

Doing some checking in 07 sp5.0...

It looks like the dimension doesn't exist in the model, instead of just not showing. If I make an equation referencing D1 of the feature (extrude thickness) the equation is ok. If the extrude has draft, that's usually D2. So, I tried manually editing the equation to reference D2 or D3. Both result in errors.

I hate to say it, but it looks like you'll need to move the sketch to an offset plane to get control of the offset.

If you have time to kill, you might see if your VAR has a better idea, or can at least get an SPR logged.

Reply to
Dale Dunn

I tried the same things, with the same results... I already changed it to an offset plane as you suggested. Could someone with SW2008 see if these dimensions are accessible?

Reply to
Seth Renigar

I just noticed today that Matt Lombard mentioned in his blog that this is not available. He's been writing on 2008 so...

Ok, checked in 08 sp1.0. Still broken.

Reply to
Dale Dunn

I just received a reply from my VAR on this. Got the same reply from him on the suggested workaround. He logged an ER for me.

Seth

Reply to
Seth Renigar