Electronic Scale - with an API

Hi,
I'm developing a fixed-arm robot system. The system is called "Human-Robot Collaborative Learning System for Inspection". The
reinforcement learning based system enables collaboration of knowledge between the robot and a human; the human, responsible for remotely monitoring the robot, suggests solutions when intervention is required. Based on its learning performance, the robot switches between fully autonomous operation, and the integration of human commands.
Basic example is here:
http://www.compactech.com/kartoun/videos/Uri_Kartoun_CQ (lamda)_Reinforcment_Learning_August_7_2005.wmv
Or here:
http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=kartoun
I would like to automate the system I built by using an electronic scale. When a suspicious bag is being shaked, objects fall. The objective of the scale will be to measure when exactly each object fell. Based on this information the robot will be rewarded.
Does anyone have any information related to electronic scales that arrive with an API and are connected to a computer by USB or RS-232 protocol?
Thanks,
Uri Kartoun.
http://www.compactech.com/kartoun /