well-setting power feed info / parts needed

We have now gotten the J-head Bridgeport moved and back in operation at the new location at our college. During the move
the plastic cover from the x-axis power feed was lost. Also the main drive gear [helical plastic] this cover goes over now has a small chip or dingie which causes a thump feeding one way but not the other.
Unit is identified on name plate as Enco / Well-Setting Company Taiwan Model HCW-135 S/N X 601-E rated 135 inLb
Front cover is stamped HCW 103-3
We need (1) installation/operating & parts manual (2) replacement large white plastic helical gear at bottom (3) replacement cover for bottom
I have contacted Enco and several other dealers that showed up on a google search, however no responses yet.
Any suggestions for sources of replacement parts? Anybody out there have a manual they can scan and send me as a pdf or other graphics file? Any parts units?
Thanks for the help.

At one of my past employers we were able to order the helical gear directly from Enco. Did you call them or email? If email, you ought to try calling, might be put on hold for a while, but it worked in our case. Good Luck!
Lane
I posted this exact query a while back. See: http://groups-beta.google.com/group/rec.crafts.metalworking/browse_thread/thread/2564be6e4d1a4321/0b7ee26fec9dee5a?lnk=st&q=group:rec.crafts.metalworking+insubject:powerfeed+author:karl+author:townsend&rnum=2&hl=en#0b7ee26fec9dee5a
I ended up ordering the part thru MSC even though I also bought it from Enco. Same company but better service department at MSC
Karl
F. George McDuffee wrote:

Rumor has it you can order from MSC: MSC's Replacement Parts 1-800-753-7975
--Winston
Am I the only one who can use Google? http://www.rutlandtool.com/PartsList.html http://www.rutlandtool.com/Assets/25680095pl.pdf http://www.rutlandtool.com/Assets/25680092pl.pdf You may also want to search under Align HCW-135
--
The Road Warrior Hobbit

no -- it's NOT ok to contact this account with services or other
Thanks for the info. What search terms did you use? I could only find a few URLs and these were mainly newsgroup postings.
Thanks
On Sun, 31 Jul 2005 16:26:40 -0400, "Mungo Bulge"

exact phrase = "WELL SETTING" result number 10 was:
Parts List WELL-SETTING, HCW-135G-Z. 25680092. 25680092Alignpl.pdf. ALIGN, AL-250-Z. 25680093. 25680093pl.pdf. ALIGN, HCW125GX. 25680095. 25680095pl.pdf ... www.rutlandtool.com/PartsList.html - 101k - Cached - Similar pages
wrote: | | >Am I the only one who can use Google? | >http://www.rutlandtool.com/PartsList.html | >http://www.rutlandtool.com/Assets/25680095pl.pdf | >http://www.rutlandtool.com/Assets/25680092pl.pdf | >You may also want to search under Align HCW-135 |
Thanks to everone that responded.
Just received the response from Enco that I had anticapated: "... We no longer have parts or manuals for your power feed. The parts became unavailable around 1995. We know of no one who has parts for it...."
Looks like it will be Rutland Tool / Airgas as suggested by Mungo Bulge
<well setting> as a specific string in the advanced search section does indeed find the rutland/airgas url. <well-setting hcw-135> in the general search box does not.
I will let the group know what the damage is when I finad out.
GmcD
On Mon, 1 Aug 2005 14:42:12 -0400, "Mungo Bulge"