info needed on Victoria drill press

second xmission red.crafts.metalworking changed to rec.crafts.metalworking -- Thanks Jeff!

A very dear friend has asked me to help locate a picture/details, or even better parts, for a large English made drill press.

====== his message to me follows========

I have a drill press that has a good spindle but the clutch for the power/manual feed is gone. I need to make the levers -- one works to engage the power feed and the handle to operate the manual feed. The machine is made by: Victoria Machine Tool Co. Ltd London

9 gear selected speeds 58 to 839 rpm (has 3 shift levers) #4 MT spindle 3.5 HP 220/440 3 phase 60 cps 4 power feed rates 7" column 13" spindle to column 7'8" high base 24" x about 40" w/coolant reservoir weighs approx 2000 lb. Judging by the way it is built, I think it was made either just before WWII or after the war-but not too long after. Maybe in the 50's? Any assistance would be appreciated.

======== end of his message ========

Hilton can be contacted directly at snipped-for-privacy@centurytel.net or post to the group and I will relay.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking, alt.machines.cnc, and several websites.

Unka' George [George McDuffee]

------------------------------ Watch out w'en you'er gittin all you want. Fattenin' hogs ain't in luck.

Joel Chandler Harris (1848-1908), U.S. journalist. Uncle Remus: His Songs and His Sayings, "Plantation Proverbs" (1880).

Reply to
F. George McDuffee