Need Gear Hob sources

======== see
(and several other pages this site)
also see
think it is well worth the money if just for the tables and formulas. Covers both involute and cycloid gears.
Let us know how you make out. What material are you going to use for the gear blanks? Can you post some pictures to the dropbox?

Unka' George [George McDuffee] ------------------------------ Watch out w'en you'er gittin all you want. Fattenin' hogs ain't in luck.
Joel Chandler Harris (1848-1908), U.S. journalist. Uncle Remus: His Songs and His Sayings, "Plantation Proverbs" (1880).
Reply to
F. George McDuffee
Would like to know of both import and domestic sources for gear hobs
(cutters). Just completed a hobbing attachment for my Rockwell horiz. mill
and am anxious to try it out by cutting 16 DP, 14.5 Deg PA spur gears. . I
am aware of Ash Gear Co. Thanks, Jim
Reply to
JimL
I think it is well worth the money if just for the tables and
Thanks, George. I have the book. I cut gears from fiber, delrin, aluminum, mild steel, but now do it with involute cutters and index head. Just wanted to try a hob so I followed an article by Terry Sexton. Will try and post a pix in the near future. Jim
Reply to
JimL
Dear Sir,
We manufacture all types of Gear Hobs upto 40 module,Gear Shaper cutters and all other cutting tools.Please visit
Rohit
Reply to
toolmasters

Site Timeline