machining cost of a part

Well I modeled as best I could the cooey model 39 extractor with the e-machine shop cad program off the net. Anybody with experience have an idea on how much it would take to machine say 5 of these pieces up. And

1095 would be a really good material, as I know I can get the right spring temper with it.

The only thing not drawn properly is where the thin section thickens out into the cylindrical end, it should continue to taper upwards. but its close enough, a tiny touch on the grinder can fix it before final heat and bend to shape then a spring temper.

Any ideas with it that I may be missing? The files are in the dropbox under cooey_extractor.zip cooey_extractor_text.txt

mike

Reply to
Michael S

Michael S wrote: (...)

I ain't no machinist but I am interested in knowing: Did eMachineshop quote?

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

Haven't sent anything to them yet, curious what everyone here thought first to see if they might be in the ball park.Or maybe somebody here make them up... I am sure there might be a market though small for them.

Reply to
Michael S

Do you have to download their program to look at it? Randy

Reply to
Randy Replogle

Why not google it and find out???

Reply to
Jenny3kids

IE couldn't find a program on the net to open it. If I have to work this hard to do someone a favor I don't think I'm interested. Randy

Reply to
Randy Replogle

========= You have to "unpack" a zip file. Standard is winzip to pack and unpack files, but there are a large number of other programs. see

is shareware/try-before-you-buy. Many of the others are freeware. google for sites.

For a more flexable viewer see

will open most any graphics file and has lots of plugins.

Unka' George [George McDuffee]

------------------------------ Watch out w'en you'er gittin all you want. Fattenin' hogs ain't in luck.

Joel Chandler Harris (1848-1908), U.S. journalist. Uncle Remus: His Songs and His Sayings, "Plantation Proverbs" (1880).

Reply to
F. George McDuffee

F. George McDuffee wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Irfanview is _the_ graphics viewer......and it's free.

Reply to
Anthony

And dont forget to download the plugins. They are damned powerful, useful as hell and also free

Gunner

"Liberalism is a philosophy of consolation for Western civilization as it commits suicide"

- James Burnham

Reply to
Gunner

Wouldn't hurt to send the guy his shareare fee, too. He takes paypal, and when you pay him a trivial amount for the great tool in question, he actually responds with a human message thanking you for same.

If we don't support shareware producers, they'll stop producing shareware. This said as a guy who, in the 1980s, stopped writing same due to deadbeats who demanded support and new versions of software they wouldn't kick in 5 bucks for...

Irfan Wazzizname is a farkng genious with really good software. Download it, use it, and pay the guy a token amount of money.

Reply to
Dave Hinz

the link for those that can't or won't find it for the e-machine shop cad program

Michael S

And he actually responded to a follow up question.... Nice guy.

Wes

Reply to
clutch