cooey model 39 extractor

Well I modeled as best I could the cooey model 39 extractor with the e-machine shop cad program off the net. Anybody with experience have an idea on how much it would take to machine say 5 of these pieces up. And

1095 would be a really good material, as I know I can get the right spring temper with it.

The only thing not drawn properly is where the thin section thickens out into the cylindrical end, it should continue to taper upwards. but its close enough, a tiny touch on the grinder can fix it before final heat and bend to shape then a spring temper.

Any ideas with it that I may be missing? Tried to attach file but won't send with it there. What is the place to post pics and files?

mike

Reply to
Michael S

(...)

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

thanks for the reply, just posted...

master cooey extractor text master cooey extractor.ems

Reply to
Michael S

Hmm. I don't see it yet. Those files should show up between:

and

You might try uploading without spaces anywhere in the filename. Use underscores to separate words.

Ferinstance:

'master cooey extractor text' should be something like:

Cooey_extractor.txt

And 'master cooey extractor.ems' should be something like:

Cooey_extractor.ems

If you can capture a couple screenshots as bitmaps and convert them to JPGs, that would be Much More Useful than a Emachine Shop file.

So:

Cooey_extractor.txt Cooey_extractor1.jpg Cooey_extractor2.jpg

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

According to Michael S :

Those file names should be with underscores or hyphens where you have spaces. The dropbox will probably automatically convert the names for you.

I don't see them yet. for whatever reason. Perhaps it hit something which needs Steve's attention to unjam.

In the meanwhile, what is a cooey? Some kind of firearm, perhaps?

Good Luck, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols

(...)

That was my first guess, too.

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

They were made in a number of cartridges including the .310 Rook..something never seen in the US, but once popular in the UK for potting crows.

I used to have one of the mannlicher stocked Military Cooey's

Gunner

Political Correctness

Gunner

Didn't know about the other cartridges, the ones I have are all 22LR. Great Grandfather's ACE 22 thats been in the family since 1900 or so... found out a buddy at work has the nearly identical 22 with a worn out extractor as well. only difference being his is stamped with ace 1 on the reciever

Looks like I haven't gotten it right to get the files in the drop box yet, tried again. maybe this time...

mike

Reply to
Michael S

According to Michael S :

You got the .txt file there, but not the other. Perhaps you should try zipping it or some other compression, since it might be an extension which the virus scanner is rejecting.

Good Luck, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols

Finall everything went right, must of been holding my tongue just so... anyways, the files are in the drop box and they are cooey_extractor.zip cooey_extractor_text.txt

Reply to
Michael S