Tap & Die for hose threads

Does anyone know where I could get a tap to cut 3/4 inch hose threads?

Thanks.

Reply to
stone

ebay.com

ebay item 7530201050

on monday, I will get a few dozen of these taps from a liquidation...

Ignoramus27279

Do you mean garden hose fittings? If so, this has been discussed before and here is a link to that thread archived on Google.

Lane

Reply to
Just Me

If you mean garden hose, the proper designations are:

.75-11.5NH (cut, formed, or rolled) .75-11.5NHR (thin wall formed)

However, I don't see how you could make these with just a tap or die, as they involve a pilot, a relief, and a different lead-in thread angle, not just threads.

Google ".75-11.5NH tap die" = 0 hits.

Reply to
Richard J Kinch

Some mention of std pipe (NPT) threads has been made, but HOSE threads ARE different than NPT... close, but no cigar. Hose is a more coarse thread than NPT, and I don't have the specs handy at all, nor does a Google search offer the specs for same.

Bill

Reply to
BillP