Cross-Posted HD-DVD Key thread

What in the hell are these guys talking about?

-Carl

Reply to
Carl Byrns

I think they're talking about the means the publishers use to prevent European an U.S. discs being played on machines from the other area. It's some kind of international copywrite protection scheme. The 'lock`s are on a chip resident in the player. The hackers are already altering players.

Reply to
MadDogR75

I take issue with that statement. The oldest post I could find is

from 1997.

The oldest post of yours i could find is:

from 1998.

Karl, the real orginal Karl. PLUS, I spell my name right.

Karl

Reply to
Karl Townsend

Sorry, Carl.

I copied your oldest post wrong. But i still edge you out by a couple months.

Karl Townsend

And you still haven't figured out how to attach your reply to the right post?????? They been feedin' ya too much lutefisk or something???? It's too early in the year to blame it on the mosquitos just yet...

Reply to
Jerry Foster

I was named for my dad- his name was Karl, but the US Army changed it to Carl when he enlisted for WWII.

"The original Carl" refers to the fact that there a lot of Carls on this newsgroup. I do believe I'm the first (but wouldn't be surprised if I wasn't).

Carl is pronounced differently than Karl. The former is always friendly, full of good cheer, and projects a warm and fuzzy image. The latter projects an image of a cold-hearted, steely-eyed apple grower.

-Carl

Reply to
Carl Byrns

I wonder how many folks had their personal info changed by Uncle Sam's Army. Grandma said my dad was born on 12/17. The Army decided it was 12/18, it still says 12/18 on all his stuff, you can't argue with the Army.

Karl

Reply to
Karl Townsend