Hey! They do listen -- sorta...

I subscribe to an aviation newsletter (http://www.avweb.com )
Frequently they include a piece called "Short Final" which is a humorous
story from someone's personal experience. Here's what came up today:

So... Who was flying in Schaumburg last week?
--
Gordon S. Hlavenka http://www.crashelectronics.com
If your teacher tells you to Question Authority
Gordon S. Hlavenka wrote:

the north koreans? :-)
terry dean
--
"Old Rocketeer's don't die; they just go OOP"

"Gordon S. Hlavenka" < snipped-for-privacy@crashelex.com> wrote in message
The Northern Illinois Rocketry Association flys in Glynn Ellyn which is less than 5 miles from the Schaumburg Airport. We had a LAUNCH there on July 16th. We DID NOT FIRE anything. We LAUNCHED rockets on motors ranging from A's to G's. Bill Ipjian 2006 NIRA President
Gordon S. Hlavenka wrote:

You gotta send me the link to that story! I filed the NOTAM!
NIRA, Sunday 16-Jul (Apollo 11 launch anniversary).
Uh, Bob, he did supply the link, and enough info to navigate the menus and very quickly find the referenced piece...
Bob Kaplow wrote:

Bob Kaplow wrote:

snipped-for-privacy@dunseith.com replied:

Well, yeah, or just click this: http://www.avweb.com/eletter/archives/avflash/686-full.html and scroll mostly to the bottom.
You may need to register for access but don't worry -- I've been on their list for years with a unique email address and haven't been spammed once.