Hey! They do listen -- sorta...

I subscribe to an aviation newsletter

Frequently they include a piece called "Short Final" which is a humorous story from someone's personal experience. Here's what came up today:

Short Final > > The following was an exchange between a friend and a pre-flight > briefer last weekend. The briefer got to the NOTAMS and there was one > for a rocketry club near Schaumburg, IL... > > Briefer : ... and Schaumburg has a warning that they'll be firing > rockets. > > My Friend: Man! First it's North Korea, now Schaumburg! > > It took the briefer about two minutes to stop laughing enough to > continue the briefing.

So... Who was flying in Schaumburg last week?

Reply to
Gordon S. Hlavenka

demonswin

the north koreans? :-)

terry dean

Reply to
shockwaveriderz

The Northern Illinois Rocketry Association flys in Glynn Ellyn which is less than 5 miles from the Schaumburg Airport. We had a LAUNCH there on July 16th. We DID NOT FIRE anything. We LAUNCHED rockets on motors ranging from A's to G's. Bill Ipjian

2006 NIRA President

Gord> I subscribe to an aviation newsletter

demonswin

You gotta send me the link to that story! I filed the NOTAM!

NIRA, Sunday 16-Jul (Apollo 11 launch anniversary).

Reply to
Bob Kaplow

Reply to
rick

snipped-for-privacy@dunseith.com replied:

Well, yeah, or just click this:

scroll mostly to the bottom.

You may need to register for access but don't worry -- I've been on their list for years with a unique email address and haven't been spammed once.

Reply to
Gordon S. Hlavenka