slice a feature by workplane

Is it possible to slice a feature by a workplane and that you ca select which side of the workplane you want to keep (similar to the slice function of autocad

Hendri

Reply to
Hendrik

yes, use

and pick the plane.

steve

Reply to
solid steve

Jeez, jon. Isn't this a bit juvenile? I mean; I'm a lurker here and find it annoying. Enough of it and I wouldn't take a look at VX on a bet. There are constructive ways you could promote your pet product.

Reply to
Jeff Howard

Totally agree here - Like if you were interested in a specific car and the sales guy turns you off so bad that you look at a completely different brand.

I'm an open minded guy and see advantages and disadvantages of every CAD system and while I agree that some are better suited than others for specific applications, I won't even look at VX because of the guy peddling it. Instead of letting the product speak for itself, he has to continually push it in subject areas not even concerning him. ..."If you build it, they will come" applies here. If it's that much better, users will transition - They don't a "peep show hawker" on the sidewalk shouting to "step right up & come right in" and then starts cussing at them when they walk by...If I could put a face on him it would be that of a whining 3 year old girl.

Scott

Reply to
SMacIntyre

Oh, horsesh_t, jon. I have been critical of you in the past and probably will continue to be in the future, human nature being what it is. "Attack" is a bit strong, unless being the butt of jokes is injurious and imagine you are pretty thick skinned.

Reply to
Jeff Howard

There are a number of people that use filters to remove the unwanted messages. A few months ago they posted some of the options. I find the most effect way is to simply not respond. The one thing he likes better than VX is a response, any response, just wait and see.

I have seen SW up against VX in the real world and SW was the best choice.

Reply to
TOP

See what I mean Jeff?

Reply to
TOP

Its like dropping 75cents in the pop machines. Clink, clink, clunk.

Reply to
TOP

Just do it and get over it!

Reply to
Dominic Brunelle

Nope - Not even gonna get into it with you, not because I can't - but because your missing the point.

The point is that this is a Solidworks newsgroup. A guy asks a simple question about slicing a plane to help him do his job, and your way to help him is to tell him how to do it freakin' VX?!? How much of an a-hole are you anyway? People are trying to get work done and you keep popping over their shoulder whining "you know, you can do it this way in VX" Go create a VX newsgroup and help them get their work done. That's what it's all about. The info on SWx andVX is out there if we want it and don't need you to be "Mr. Google" ..It's not that people can't provide proof - It's that the Engineers here have jobs to do, not spend all day on a newsgroup writing dissertations and comparisons on CAD packages. Don't you have a job and work to do? Oh wait - I know...VX is so good that your work is done and gives you all this extra free time playing on the newsgroup - Sorry... My mistake was in replying - I'll take the advise of the "TOP" which I should have done and kill-file ya as this is 2 breaks I've wasted...Hopefully, so will everyone else.

Thanks & have a pleasant weekend - I'm off to fix my cracked sprinkler manifold, oh joy - :)

Scott

Reply to
SMacIntyre

SWX user: "Is it possible to slice a feature by a workplane ...?".

Second SWX user: ">insert>cut>with surface".

jon: "In VX its....".

jeff: "Jeez, jon...".

Well Jon, there's a basic personality conflict at play here. I have a particular (borderline unhealthy?) disdain for what I think of as a "Software Marketing Mouthpiece". I do have my preferences in software (if I didn't like it I wouldn't buy it) and am willing to explain, even spend hours providing examples if I think I might learn something in the process, why I like it. I basically enjoy free, informative discussions about CAD software, but the typical SMM just confuses issues, muddies the water.

I'm actually quite interested in reading about VX's abilities (I'd prefer the comments / opinions come from someone that can demonstrate proficiency with the software), Solidworks (that's why I follow this forum), ... any of a number of programs.

If I ever get to the point that I do something like the above I hope someone will put me out of my misery. Not meant as a personal attack. Just an opinion, might even call it constructive criticism. Take it as you will.

You have a good weekend, too.

Jeff Howard

I put Banquer into the bozo bin months ago. I never see any of his posts. But I *do* see the irate responses to his blather. If *no one* fed this troll, I'd be in nirvana.

Huprich is in the same bin, which is a pity because he does make worthwhile posts. But I'm not willing to take the time to decide if a post of his is informative or just "Jon bashing".

Art

Reply to
Art Woodbury

Cliff: Have you ever used SolidWorks in gainful employment? Have you ever used SolidWorks for personal use? Have you ever even seen a SolidWorks Demo? Have you ever seen or used VX in any capacity whatsoever? If the answer to all these questions is a resounding NO, then what do you think qualifies you to judge the veracity of any of Jon's comparative comments about the systems in question?

-- BottleBob

BottleBob

Cliff:

You've Cliffvoided the crucial question. Let me ask it again. Have you EVER used either SolidWorks OR VX in any capacity whatsoever?

-- BottleBob

BottleBob

Bob, Cliffvoid, is that kinda like a hemorrhoid, but worse?

Steve

Reply to
Garlicdude