Tripoli members only page

kaplow snipped-for-privacy@encompasserve.org.mars says...

Figures.
--
Tweak

Bob! Well, hell, I am going to go bug David now, so I can get in and bug you.
Wait, I can do that here.
How are ya?
AZ Woody wrote:

Sounds like a really 1/2 arsed way to do it. Over the years I have joined (in minutes!!!) dozens of lists, forums, and various websites (for such things as online banking, medical prescriptions, auctions, etc) and never had to have an "MVC" to identify my self.
DSC

Hi Stealthy,
an MVC works like the CVS on the back of your credit card, and as such can only really be delivered via US mail or in person, like a pin number.
At least that is the excepted security principle of it, as it will be used for secure things unlike just a list, like voting.
Sorry, but you really don't understand what's involved... It's not just giving you access to a site with sheep doing the dirty with cows...
The MVC will be used to validate that a TRA member is really who the TRA member says he/she is.. For things like voting, and to edit the members profile on line.
You want your MVC NOW, and that is the whole reason that you won't have your MVC NOW, as it's they way to really validate who is using your TRA number. Please post your SSN and visa card number to all forums if you think I'm wrong, because, trust me, no one would ever misuse your information!!
Do we really have idiots like this in the hobby. Let me know what launches they attend, and I'll make sure I'm miles away!

(in
the
On 27 Jul 2006 18:18:24 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Why don't you donate a similar amount of money that banks and pharmacys spent on their systems to TRA so they can do the same thing. Oh and I bet those sites won't register you as Stealth Booger. Is there a reason that you can't post a real name?
Phil
snipped-for-privacy@ArielSystems.spamsks.net says...

Probably the same reason I am "Tweak".
It is working hours, you know, and a boss that knows just a little would have a printout of exactly how much time I am wasting should they want it. Being "Tweak" gives me plausible deniability.
--
Tweak

I now who you are - I even know who Shockie is. I can't say the same for Crany or Booger. If people put what they say in the context of who they are, what they say will mean more.
BTW Booger - I have as little respect for BKelly as the next guy. In case you've been under a rock, the remnants of his era are almost gone.
Phil
On Fri, 28 Jul 2006 09:30:32 -0400, Tweak

The question still remains, at least for me, is there still a High Power Rocketry magazine?

Nope, HPR was replaced with Rockets Magazine this winter. The third issue just shipped on time.
It appear that Tripoli is directing all subscriptions to Liberty Launch Systems directly this time. Tripoli won't have anything to do with funds for the magazine anymore.
Brian Elfert
Brian Elfert wrote:

That's directly at the request of Liberty Launch Systems. The offer was made for the ability to subscribe at the same time as renewing. LLS respectively declined, and asked that subscribers be sent directly to them.
-Kevin

Probably a very good thing for Tripoli regardless of which side asked for it. It didn't help during the HPR fiasco that most of the subscription money funnelled through Tripoli.
Although, LLS is probably losing lots of subscriptions by not being listed on the registration forms. A check box on the reg form for a magazine subscription would probably get checked by lots of folks. Does the average Tripoli member even know about the new magazine?
Brian Elfert
If they don't they have been living in a vacuum..(:-)
Fred
Brian Elfert wrote:

What kind of question is this? There is nothing 'average' about Tripoli members ;) Kevin

No. HPR is dead. I can't tell you the last one of them was published. I can tell you that it was before all the subscribers got all their issues. Since it was totally seperated from TRA, those people had to rely on Bruck Kelly's sense of ethics to receive fair compensation. My guess is that they are SOL.
TRA has a replacement official magazine - Rockets Magazine http://www.libertylaunchsystems.com/ They started about 6 months ago. I've received 2 issues fo far although I've heard roumors that some have received their third issue. The publishers are active fliers! I fly with them at MDRA. So far, it's a great magazine.
Phil
On Fri, 28 Jul 2006 13:06:16 -0400, "Darrell D. Mobley"

Bruce Kelly was selling old single use motors at BALLS last year to make his house payment. I think is safe to say there will be no refunds for HPR unless Bruce wins the lottery or something.
I suppose someone could file a class action lawsuit against Bruce, but probably never collect anything unless his estate has money when he passes. The $ per subscriber wouldn't hardly make it worth it.
Brian Elfert

Be careful, you might wake up tomorrow and someone will have written an article morphing you into "Tweaker"...
snipped-for-privacy@uhostme.com.com says...

No worries.
--
Tweak

Phil Stein wrote:

I guess you can't read moron - it's " snipped-for-privacy@aol.com"... one of my (junk) email addresses. Google groups happens to use the email address as the FROM name.
Secondly we're talking newsgroups here... I'd rather keep the spam and prying eyes that don't need to know me - away. Maybe if you were smart enough you'd have been able to search out what DSC stands for.
Thirdly why aren't you complaining - other than the fact you can - about all the other users who are using a screenname/handle/signature other than their real name?
DSC - AKA Douglas S Caskey.
On 29 Jul 2006 13:31:54 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

I know you too. If you rememeber me, and recognise yourself for the skinny little twit that you are, you shouldn't be calling me a moron. Seems that the last time I saw you (at an after launch party - not a gay bar), you were wearing chaps or leather pants or something like that. If I were batting for your team, I'd still say you looked like a moron.
And anyone using a handle containing booger is worth trying to identify.
Phil Stein