action: monitor progress

monitor progress - performance measures, so we, and the membership know what's working, and what's not.

I think this is one of the most critical components of a successful launch of a "New TRA"

In the past, there has been justified concerns about the integrity of motor certification, funds management, etc. As a result, member confidence (and size) has suffered, credibility has been damaged, the organization has flirted with serous liability on a number of fronts.

A program of both oversight and performance-monitoring seems imperative.

Oversight, to insure that

- principals, committee members, volunteers and contractors conduct themselves with a high level of integrity

- elections, committees activities, referendums, etc. are conducted in an honest and open fashion

- policies implemented represent and protect the interests of the current and future membership

- relationship with external organizations and the public reflect favorably on the organization

- both vendors and members do not suffer discrimination

- operations generally conform to the "best practicies" possible. etc.

Performance monitoring, to insure that

- principals, committee members, volunteers and contractors are competent and productive

- the effectiveness of every program is known

- the "value proposition" of all investments is known

- projects or activities not performing to specific standards are reviewed, revised or referred to committees for cancellation (subject to referendum)

comments?

Reply to
Ismaeel Abdur-Rasheed

Iz:

So why not submit your suggestions to the TRA list, since that is the proper place for them? Or is this really just an exercise in mudflinging?

Reply to
RayDunakin

we are discussing the "New TRA", Ray

I know that rmr is open to 'your' TRA members, they are welcome to contribute to this discussion.

the reverse not being true, this is the least common denominator (most inclusive venue)

BTW, you are off topic. Do you have any thoughts on how oversight or performance monitoring can best be done?

- iz

RayDunak> Iz:

Reply to
Ismaeel Abdur-Rasheed

ROFL!!

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

There is no such beast. Currently there is only one TRA. If you wish to discuss the formation of a new group, give it a different name.

Reply to
RayDunakin

(!)

[Otherwise known as the group formerly known as TRA...]

But I still like stealing the DNRC name...

Bob Kaplow

I did

the "Trustworthy Rocketry Advocacy"

but I am not discussing "the formation of a new group". I, and others here contributing, are exploring what would be possible, and how it might be possible

- iz

RayDunak> Iz wrote:

Reply to
Ismaeel Abdur-Rasheed

So, Izzy,

Would your "new TRA" answer questions like I asked you about ARSA, or not?

I find it so very interesting that you won't answer even the most basic questions about ARSA, even though you are the "communications facilitator" (your term) for ARSA.

- George Gassaway

----------- repeat of questions that Izzy refused to answer

Izzy,

I?ve had some problems locating some things on the ARSA website.

Where can I find the ARSA by-laws?

Where can I find any information as to when/where ARSA was officially created as regards public/state (or federal?) documentation or recognition?

Where can I find info on when the last ARSA election was held, and who ran?

Where can I find info on when the next ARSA election will be held?

Where can I find a list of who is on the ARSA board, which positions are held by what people, and how does the ARSA board operate if for some reason the ARSA by-laws website link didn?t load?

As ARSA communications facilitator, I?m sure you won?t mind answering these.

- George Gassaway

Reply to
GCGassaway

an off-topic, attempt to impede a open inquiry into whats possible for rocketry and rocketers in an desperate attempt to prevent reflection on and contrasts with your ineffectiveness

I answered your transparent questions

- iz

GCGassaway wrote:

Reply to