ROL NEWS--AeroTech Endorses Consumer Adjustment of RMS Delays

AeroTech Endorses Consumer Adjustment of RMS Delays April 13, 2005 Web posted at: 12:43 PM EDT
Cedar City, UT (ROL Newswire) -- In response to recent customer
requests and in order to acknowledge and legitimize a long-standing consumer practice, AeroTech Consumer Aerospace is publicly endorsing the now-common technique of drilling rocket motor pyrotechnic delay columns to achieve specific and different motor time delays.
The practice originated nearly 30 years ago with the advent of modern single-use composite propellant rocket motors, and was adopted by many users as a means to tailor a motor's stock pyrotechnic time delay to a particular rocket's expected flight characteristics. When the first reloadable motors were introduced by AeroTech in 1990, flyers easily applied the modification method to the separate modular delay columns that were packaged in the motor reloading kits.
Detailed RMS delay modification instructions, as well as a cross-reference chart listing the length of each certified time delay for every AeroTech model rocket, Easy Access high power and Restricted Access high power RMS reload kit may be downloaded in PDF format from the "News" page of the AeroTech website. For more info, visit: http://www.aerotech-rocketry.com .
Source: RCS Rocket Motor Components (RCS), Inc.

This document actually addresses TWO longstanding recommendations I have made to Gary.
Good job Gary.
It took a while but better late than never. This is a tremendous positive going forward.
Thank you also to David Erbas-White for catalysing this recent change.
Jerry
Pay forward.
In article snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com, Jerry Irvine at snipped-for-privacy@gte.net wrote on 4/13/05 11:18 AM:

Yes Jerry, I will acknowledge that you have made suggestions along these lines over the years. One of my earlier responses was the posting of all the RMS assembly drawings on the AeroTech website (which included delay and spacer length data). Thanks to Bobby for that one too.
I guess it was an issue of critical mass WRT timing, customer demand, David's catalytic effect and the patience required to put it together.
Thanks.
Gary/RCS
Gary C. Rosenfield wrote:

Does this make me a 'catalytic converter'? <G>
BTW, I'd also like to publically thank Gary for not only doing this in regards to the delay issue, but in updating a couple of 'holes' that were present in the assembly drawings (i.e., some of the newer Redline motors weren't present). As of yesterday, those drawings have been put up on the website, so that anal-retentive types (other than myself) can download them. Thanks again!
David Erbas-White
P.S. I've stated somewhere (don't know if it was in this thread) that I think one of the key issues really is the timing -- for the past few years, AeroTech has been struggling to get back on its feet after the fire. But for the past year or so (witness the LUR motors, etc.) they're now 'looking forward' again.

And innovating.
oh yes it do and TY again!

nitram578 wrote:

Unfortunately, as a catalytic converter, you'll be subjected to extremely high operating temperatures and eventually, over a period of about ten years, You will clog up, become inefficient and have to be replaced. :)
I pesonally did not want to inform him of the future demise he is facing, but was looking at the value to others that his catalytic endeavours have produced.

Point.
Dave Grayvis wrote:

Unfortunately, I'm already clogging up and becoming inefficient -- oh well...
David Erbas-White
Try eating more fiber :-) Christopher Brian Deem NAR 12308 TRA 2256 level II
David Erbas-White wrote:

On Wed, 13 Apr 2005 11:43:40 -0600, "Gary C. Rosenfield"

Out of curiosity, Gary - since RMS delay grains are identically sized for each motor-size, will you eventually be making up a tool to hold the drill-bits, and guage the depth properly? (a-la Cesaronis' ProDAT delay adjusters)
Len Lekx wrote:

I'm not Gary, but in another thread a few days ago, he did mention that they were working on a tool of some sort...
David Erbas-White
In article snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com, Len Lekx at snipped-for-privacy@NOSPAM.rogers.com wrote on 4/13/05 12:31 PM:

It's under development.
Gary/RCS
On Wed, 13 Apr 2005 13:11:03 -0600, "Gary C. Rosenfield"

COOL! :-) (I just wanted to know...)
On Wed, 13 Apr 2005 13:11:03 -0600, "Gary C. Rosenfield"

Jerry already has them on his web site. 8-)

Does that mean we have to call the process "Jerry rigging" the delay?
BA DA BOOOM! <<<<<< ===== ( rimshot )
--
Motion Picture Special Effects
www.alternative-realities.com