ROL NEWS--AeroTech Endorses Consumer Adjustment of RMS Delays

using the word "hate" is way too strong a word..... I should have said: this is one reason why the nfpa codes concern me....
to me self-regulation means self-policing which ends up being whatever the mind of the beholder may want it to be.... thats why we have really liberal self interpretations and really conservative self interpretations.. nobody is wrong if everybody is right....
sounds like no regulation to me....
shockie B)

Note this.
Since NAR and TRA author the NFPA codes, there is no practical reason why they could select a strategy of exemption not regulation as a code style.

shockwaveriderz wrote:

manufacturer
regs,
what
You could ask Congress to interpret the laws they write too, but they won't do it either. It's not their job.

what
exist
the
were
Getting an "interpretation" from NAR/TRA wouldn't change that. It's still up to the AHJ to interpret the laws.

Right, so don't wake them up.

deceive....
Who is being deceived, and by whom?

not to

choose"
exist..
Max and

barely
Why do you want someone to interpret the regs for you, but automatically reject interpretations that aren't strict enough to suit your taste?
David Schultz wrote:

could
Swapping delay elements is a PITA, and that's assuming the dealer carries all the delay elements you need. Expensive too, since you have to keep multiple delay columns on hand to get whatever delay you want in any motor you want to use. You have to keep all those delays sorted, labeled and cross-referenced.
Drilling the delay is cheap, fast, simple, painless and about as foolproof as you can possibly get.

allowed
Like Jerry said, big manufacturing con. The reason single use BP motors from Estes and Quest are so inexpensive is because the machine used to ram stuff into the case (the famous Mabel) is simple and rugged. Clay for the nozzle, BP, delay composition is all pounded in. A little loose BP for ejection and another clay cap (used to be just paper) and in only a few seconds another motor drops into the bin ready for packaging.
Personally, for MR use I'm OK with the stuff Estes and Quest sells because I don't expect super-accurate high performance levels when I buy the motors from Wally World.
I think you are really advocating an RMS system in the 13-18mm size range. That might be problematic from a design standpoint, trying to keep the weight of the components down to avoid weight and CG issues in a MR, but still be strong enough to withstand composite propellant pressures and years of assemblying, flying, disassembling and cleaning.
John<=sides, BP just plain smells better
John Bonnett wrote:

There IS an RMS system in the 18mm size range -- but there's a somewhat limited range of reloads available.
David Erbas-White
actually what I was thinking about is the new AT/RCS superplastic LUR casings....instead of AP use BP... with the lower pressure and temperature burning characteristics of BP vs AP, you should be able to get at least twice the number of flights per casing 3 ap vs 6 bp.... the same LUR casing would then use the same new variable adjutment delay module.....
with 24/29mm LUR you should be able to do Full BP D and E and small F....
shockie B)

Big spenders like you won't like the cost associated with adding variable delays.
On Thu, 14 Apr 2005 04:08:51 GMT, "shockwaveriderz"