ROL NEWS--AeroTech Level 2 Offer

AeroTech Level 2 Offer February 22, 2006 Web posted at: 6:37 PM EST
(ROL Newswire) -- In cooperation with Rouse-Tech Monster Motors, and
similar to its recently announced Level 1 certification offer, AeroTech is offering a special combination package to NAR and Tripoli Level 2 certification customers, available only through its authorized high-power RMS dealer network.
The combination package part #38L2P includes one J350W-M reload kit and one specially-marked RMS-38/720 reloadable motor hardware for the low price of only $59.95 (this is a $170.90 retail value). This offer is for individuals seeking Level 2 certification only, and customers must present their Level 2 certification paperwork to the dealer prior to purchase.
Quantities are limited. Depending on the success of the program, AeroTech may choose to expand availability or extend the length of this promotion.
For details, visit www.aerotech-rocketry.com
Source: RCS Rocket Motor Components (RCS), Inc.
I am seeking level one certification. What is their program, if they have one for level one certifiers?
Rich
Go to http://www.aerotech-rocketry.com/ and scroll down to the "news" section and look at the 12/6/05 "level 1 promotion offer" description.
I wonder if they'll let me do my level 1 & 2 over again? 8)     Will
rickyd wrote:

--
Will Marchant, NAR 13356, Tripoli 10125 L3

Ditto :)
So, what makes up the "level 2 certification paperwork"?

Probably the certification form, and the level 2 test.
Epaphras wrote:

--
Christopher Brian Deem NAR 12308 TRA 2256 level II

I don't understand it. How do I buy the product when I haven't completed the certification yet? Have to papers to send in. I have the test completed (100%) but have no hardware or engine to do the shot?
Kurt Savegnago
Christopher Brian Deem wrote:

Hi Kurt: If you have an on site motor vendor, you are allowed to purchase a single motor from them for certification purposes. Go to collect it with your paperwork and your observer. If you don't have an on site vendor, you'll have to work with your observer to have them take delivery of the motor and meet you at the launch. I urge you to call your local prefect or NAR observer: they're used to dealing with this. Everybody loves to help people do certification flights.     Best wishes and good luck,     Will
Kurt wrote:

--
Will Marchant, NAR 13356, Tripoli 10125 L3
The rules state that I may acquire a single engine for certification purposes. I already have the J350 in my possession. The offer mentions the hardware. How is Aerotech supposed to know the "observer" is legit aside from the fact if one is working with their prefect?
Will Marchant wrote:

Hi Kurt: I reread the brief description at http://www.aerotech-rocketry.com/ and it looks like your dealer handles everything. So I'd get on the phone to the dealer that sold you the reload kit and see if they'll give you the cool casing if you pay the rest of the special-offer price. It looks to me like AeroTech intends the offer to get you the special casing and the reload for the certification flight. You'll need to talk to your vendor to see if they have those casings on hand. And have you already talked with your local prefect about the flight? I assume you have since you've aced the exam. Once again, I recommend a phone call to your prefect to touch bases about your upcoming flight. Good luck with the flight!     Will
Kurt wrote:

--
Will Marchant, NAR 13356, Tripoli 10125 L3
Hello again,
Will Marchant wrote:

Kurt wrote:

Hi Kurt, Give Tim a call. He might be able to work with you on the deal. $60 bucks for a J350 and the hardware is a great deal.
Tim worked with me in the past over a 54mm CTI special.
Bruce Kirchner
You contact the dealer and find out what paper work the want. You should have, before hand, either the TRA or NAR level 2 form. Then you find one of your friendly neighborhood rocket clubs that is having a launch in your desired time frame, and go burn some AP. If the folks you normally fly with don't have anything coming up, I'm sure we can arrange something. Either at Flatville, or more than likely, Tuscola.
Kurt wrote:

--
Christopher Brian Deem NAR 12308 TRA 2256 level II

"Epaphras" <mjmangieri at comcast dot net> writes:

Tripoli has a set of forms for completing L1, L2, and L3. I assume NAR has similiar.
Aerotech may want your L2 test signed off as well.
Brian Elfert
http://nar.org/pdf/hpappl.pdf
This is NAR, Tripoli has their own paperwork as well that you receive in the binder of info when you join.
-Booms