ROL NEWS--AeroTech Level 2 Offer

AeroTech Level 2 Offer
February 22, 2006
Web posted at: 6:37 PM EST
(ROL Newswire) -- In cooperation with Rouse-Tech Monster Motors, and
similar to its recently announced Level 1 certification offer, AeroTech
is offering a special combination package to NAR and Tripoli Level 2
certification customers, available only through its authorized
high-power RMS dealer network.
The combination package part #38L2P includes one J350W-M reload kit and
one specially-marked RMS-38/720 reloadable motor hardware for the low
price of only $59.95 (this is a $170.90 retail value). This offer is for
individuals seeking Level 2 certification only, and customers must
present their Level 2 certification paperwork to the dealer prior to
purchase.
Quantities are limited. Depending on the success of the program,
AeroTech may choose to expand availability or extend the length of this
promotion.
For details, visit

Source: RCS Rocket Motor Components (RCS), Inc.
Reply to
ROL News
Go to
and scroll down to the "news" section and look at the 12/6/05 "level 1 promotion offer" description.
I wonder if they'll let me do my level 1 & 2 over again? 8) Will
rickyd wrote:
Reply to
Will Marchant
Tripoli has a set of forms for completing L1, L2, and L3. I assume NAR has similiar.
Aerotech may want your L2 test signed off as well.
Brian Elfert
Reply to
Brian Elfert
This is NAR, Tripoli has their own paperwork as well that you receive in the binder of info when you join.
-Booms
Reply to
Booms
I don't understand it. How do I buy the product when I haven't completed the certification yet? Have to papers to send in. I have the test completed (100%) but have no hardware or engine to do the shot?
Kurt Savegnago
Christ> Probably the certification form, and the level 2 test.
Reply to
Kurt
Hi Kurt: If you have an on site motor vendor, you are allowed to purchase a single motor from them for certification purposes. Go to collect it with your paperwork and your observer. If you don't have an on site vendor, you'll have to work with your observer to have them take delivery of the motor and meet you at the launch. I urge you to call your local prefect or NAR observer: they're used to dealing with this. Everybody loves to help people do certification flights. Best wishes and good luck, Will
Kurt wrote:
Reply to
Will Marchant
You contact the dealer and find out what paper work the want. You should have, before hand, either the TRA or NAR level 2 form. Then you find one of your friendly neighborhood rocket clubs that is having a launch in your desired time frame, and go burn some AP. If the folks you normally fly with don't have anything coming up, I'm sure we can arrange something. Either at Flatville, or more than likely, Tuscola.
Kurt wrote:
Reply to
Christopher Brian Deem
The rules state that I may acquire a single engine for certification purposes. I already have the J350 in my possession. The offer mentions the hardware. How is Aerotech supposed to know the "observer" is legit aside from the fact if one is working with their prefect?
Do they want the paperwork to show one has passed the test? Do they expect one to use somebody else's hardware to pass the test and then the "new" motor casing at reduced cost and J350 is a "reward" for passing? That is a nice reward and I wouldn't mind partaking of it. Am going to build and launch as soon as weather permits here.
Kurt Savegnago
Will Marchant wrote:
Reply to
Kurt
Hi Kurt: I reread the brief description at
and it looks like your dealer handles everything. So I'd get on the phone to the dealer that sold you the reload kit and see if they'll give you the cool casing if you pay the rest of the special-offer price. It looks to me like AeroTech intends the offer to get you the special casing and the reload for the certification flight. You'll need to talk to your vendor to see if they have those casings on hand. And have you already talked with your local prefect about the flight? I assume you have since you've aced the exam. Once again, I recommend a phone call to your prefect to touch bases about your upcoming flight. Good luck with the flight! Will
Kurt wrote:
Reply to
Will Marchant
Hello again,
Somewhat of a moot point as I already bought the reload and the engine. Got a little price break on it from Wildman but not the cool $59.95. Oh well, I technically ordered it before the announcement by 4 days. The luck of the draw unfortunately. My prefect did the L2 test in his shop. He forgot to sign my paperwork and I didn't notice it. No problem as he will be the one to witness the eventual flight. I emailed him and we both went oops! :) (Heck there is only 5 of us in the prefecture so we are a pretty cozy lot. :-) ) Going to an engine course next weekend to learn how to make engines at the prefects' shop. Will get a 54mm casing out of the course and a couple of engines. They of course will go into storage until the L2 achievement and I then would have to construct an appropriate ship to use them in along with the electronics. Never fear, I do have a dual-deploy H/I ship near completion to experiment with first.
Best regards, Kurt Savegnago
Will Marchant wrote:
Reply to
Kurt
Hi Kurt, Give Tim a call. He might be able to work with you on the deal. $60 bucks for a J350 and the hardware is a great deal.
Tim worked with me in the past over a 54mm CTI special.
Bruce Kirchner
Reply to
Bruce Kirchner

Site Timeline